Can you believe that we are halfway through January already? I don’t know about you but I’m already looking forward to spring. The seriously cold weather that we had late December and January has definitely proven that I am very much a spring/summer girl. I can be all about the chunky sweaters for about a month and then I’m seriously wishing for warmer, coat optional temperatures.
For this edition of Any Given Wednesday I’m sharing recipes I want to try, style posts I’m loving and some travel inspiration. Enjoy!
- If you love reading all the latest news on the royals, dream of walking the same halls as the queen or the Duchess of Cambridge is your style icon, you definitely should check out The A List’s post, My Inner Duchess.
- Since one of my intentions for this year is to take time to read more, aside from the blogs I love etc, I’m all about the post from Carly the Prepster, How I Read A Lot. I already have quite a few books on my iPad to read along with some pre-orders, but I definitely plan to have some physcial books to read this year as well.
- Looking for a soup to try out this winter? This White Bean, Kale and Sausage Soup from Joy the Baker looks all sorts of delicious.
- For those of you who know of Gal Meets Glam or have been following Julia for awhile, you’ll know that she always has such gorgeous hair in all her pictures. In a recent post she shared out her Favorite Products for Winter Locks.
- These Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars from Half Baked Harvest look so decadent… and the perfect thing to create for the upcoming Valentines Day holiday.
- Get Resort Ready with Blair of Atlantic-Pacific.
- This post from Averie Cooks is filled with orange-y goodness, Orange Poke Cake with Honey-Orange Glaze.
- We’ve all left our makeup on overnight before, and Chriselle of The Chriselle Factor gives some tips on how to help you recover after leaving it on all night in her post So You Fell Asleep With Your Makeup On.
- World of Wanderlust shares A City Guide to Edmonton, Alberta. (The goodies from the Duchess Bake Shop look AMAZING!)
- Looking to switch up your morning smoothie with a new flavor? Try out this Ginger Turmeric Mango Smoothie from Living Lou.
- Feeling the need for a little pampering? Check out Lucy Cuneo’s post about 5 Products to Pamper Yourself With.
- Chanel Dror shares all about 3 Easy Ways to Streamline Your Wardrobe over on Camille Styles.
- Going to London has been on my travel list ever since I was a little girl, so I’m loving this London Travel Diary full of ideas on things to see, do and eat while in London from blogger Extra Petite.
- The team at The Everygirl shares Why Lake Como is One of Italy’s Best Kept Secrets. Also, check out their post 15 Meal Prep Recipes for Your Instapot.
Christa | theavidpen
The artwork featured in this post is by artist Kim Fonder, and is currently on display at the Anne Neilson Fine Art Gallery.