If you are also dealing with limited closet space, but still want to make the most of the space you have, here are some tips that I’ve put together as I go through my own closet makeover.
- A tidy closet is a happy one. If you have everything just thrown in any which way, not only will your clothes be wrinkled beyond belief, but you’ll have no idea where that outfit that you just ‘have to wear’ is located.
- Have a plan. If you go into your closet revamp without a general idea of what you want it to look like you’ll just find yourself stressed and less likely to want to complete the process.
- Keep the current seasons closest to the front. In my current closet I have two areas to keep my tops/cardis etc. So for the top section I keep everything for spring and summer leaving the bottom section for fall/winter. That way it’s easier to grab what I’m looking for. Then for my dresses and maxi’s I currently have the spring/summer wear at the front, while the fall and winter and tucked out of sight.
- Display your shoes. Every fashion lover not only enjoys wearing pretty shoes, but displaying them as well. I like to keep the shoes I wear more often displayed on my shelves in the center section of my closet. The shoes are out of season are kept in a decorative bin at the bottom of the center console.
- Protect your handbags. For those of you who I know personally, or have been readers of theavidpen for awhile, you’ll know that I have a passion for handbags. With the closet redo, I wanted have a shelf that’s completely dedicated to handbags. Note: If you have quite a few ‘slouchy’ purses, just stuff them with crumbled tissue paper which will help keep them in better condition, and provide a more attractive look for your closet in general.