We’ve heard about the Murder Mystery Dinners @ Maggiano’s Little Italy before, but this is the first opportunity we’ve had to check out the event for ourselves. Since coming in costume is encouraged, we thought out our outfits in advance.
To get to know the other team members at your table we were given the following questions to answer…
- Can you be trusted?
- Are you packing any heat?
- Do you have a lot of money?
- Have you ever been arrested?
- Is that your natural hair color?
- What did you do in your past life?
- Have you ever wanted to kill somebody?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- Tell me about the one thing that embarrasses you most?
- What is the first thing that pops into your head when you look at me?
Once the host for the evening introduced himself, we were warned by the ‘Constable’ to keep an eye out for anyone who looked suspicious and to let him know. From then on anyone is a suspect and it was up to us to decide who might be in on the whole thing as each of the main actors had their interactions and the constable gave us clues that we could go up and view in the central ‘clue area.’
Although there were quite a few flappers etc, I thought the Steam-punk group went all out… Here are some pictures I snapped as I went to and from the clue table after each clue had been revealed.
Since everything was served family style and the dishes were quite heavy… I only managed to snap a picture of one of the desserts…
Once all the clues had been given it was time for each team to come up with who had committed the murder and why…
While we weren’t right… I thought we came up with an interesting guess and everyone had fun coming up with the theory.
If you love Murder Mysteries, this is definitely an event you want to be on the look out for.