When I saw the post by Sticky9 about creating magnets from instagram pictures I knew I had to make some. We had so many new experiences in 2013, and after careful consideration I picked the 9 pictures that represented our adventures the most.
However, before we get to that, I wanted to share a few of the options you have when creating your magnets.
First, you pick between Classic and Jigsaw. Classic is for those of you who want 9 different pictures. This is the option I went with. Jigsaw is one photo divided up into 9. If you go with Classic like I did, you have two size options, Medium (15X15cm) or Large (21x21cm.)
It’s easy to add photos. Once you’ve opened up your Instagram account via the Sticky9 website you will have access to any Instagram picture you’ve ever taken. Then comes the hard part… deciding which ones to choose!
Now I’ll tell you why I chose the pictures you see here from top left to bottom right.
- Ostrich Painting – we love going to art galleries. Lark & Key and Shain Gallery are our two favorites to visit. This one was taken during an opening at Shain where we got to see the artists who created the paintings on display. This particular painting is by Josh Brown a graduate of SCAD.
- Herbs – 2013 was the beginning of our foray into growing our own herbs. This year we’ve expanded by adding different types of onions, strawberries and a little tomato plant as well.
- Carrot Cake Cupcake – We went on a food tour in 2013 through uptown Charlotte, this was the highlight.
- Starbucks – 2013 was the year of Starbucks, we start off every Saturday outing with some Venti Chai!
- Radishes – We went to a few different Farmer’s Markets in 2013, but Davidson’s Famers Market was our favorite and we keep going back whenever we can.
- Rhubarb Refresher – when the weather is warm we like to mix up a little something cool to enjoy while making the evening meal.
- Peonies – it was a really good year for our peonies in 2013.
- Olive Oil – we love olive oil, and visiting all the olive oil shops that have popped up in Charlotte, and the surrounding area. This particular shop (Oil and Vinegar) was in Asheville, NC.
- Biltmore House – I haven’t been to the Biltmore House since high school, so it was nice to go back and see all the new rooms they’ve opened up. The highlight of our stay? Staying at the Inn on the estate.
I hope you are inspired to create some magnets of your own!