It has been a busy month this month. As most of you know I have a day job during the weekdays, so I work on theavidpen most evenings. Saturdays are my days to go out and see/do things around Charlotte whether it be trying out a new restaurant, checking out an art exhibition (one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday morning!) or go to an event to share about here on the blog. What started as a place to share about the places I’ve gone or the food I tried has become a true passion for me, and I hope this shows in the posts that I share here.
This month we’ve indulged in quite a few things that we love to do, from checking in at a few of favorite galleries for this months exhibitions to interviewing Kimmery Martin a local author who just debuted her first novel.
- Love to entertain? Join Camille Styles as she throws a Southern-Style Dinner Party to Celebrate Spring?
- Need some ideas on where to stay on your next (or first) trip to Paris? Every Day Parisian shares her suggestions in 10 Boutiques Hotel in Paris.
- This recipe for Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Spinach from Damn Delicious looks absolutely AMAZING!
- Carin of Paris in Four Months shares about her collaboration with Laudree in her post Laduree X Paris in Four Months and about her time in Rome with Bulgari.
- It’s been a few years since we’ve been back to Charleston (despite the fact that it’s just 4 hours away) and my list of restaurants I want to check out the next time we’re there is constantly growing. In preparation for our next trip I’ve been reading all the recommendations from my fellow bloggers, and Extra Petite gave me some more eateries to add to my list in her post Charleston, SC Guide to Our Favorite Eats.
- If you travel a lot, chance are you spend quite a bit of time on planes. Thomas (the other half of Gal Meets Glam) shares The Benefits of Early Morning Flights.
- Late Afternoon shares about her five favorite spots in her new neighborhood in the post Downtowner.
- I’ve been considering a few of the products from beauty brand Charlotte Tilbury for awhile now, and With Love From Kat shows off a date night look using her favorite products from the brand in the post Date Night with Charlotte Tilbury.
- Looking for a new frittata recipe? Try out this Blistered Cherry Tomato and Mushroom Frittata from Living Lou.
- Harper & Harley is an Australian blogger I recently started following, and in a recent post she shares about Working Out Your Go-To Beauty Look.
- Need a recipe that’s quick and delicious? Try out this 5-Minute Pesto Arugula Breakfast Sandwich from A Couple Cooks.
- Is blush a thing of the past? The Haute Heel shares 5 of the best Blushes for a No-Makeup Glow.
- Join Rosie, The Londoner as she celebrates her birthday in Marrakech.
- With Love from Kat shares her Favorite Coffee Shops in LA.
- The College Housewife shares a recipe from A Couple Cooks latest cookbook that’s sure to be a hit at your next soiree, Garlic & Basil White Cannellini Bean Dip.
- Cristina of New Darlings shares about her experiences of adding onto to her home with her husband Robert in Growing with Our Home.
- I’ve always loved Petit Fours ever since I was a little girl, so I’m very excited to try out these Peanut Butter and Jelly Petit Fours from Joy the Baker.
- Rue Rodier shares about the importance of engagement with the creative community on Instagram in her post My Top Ten Instagram Tips & Tricks.
The piece featured in the post is by artist Geoffrey Johnson whose work, an artist represented by the Shain Gallery.