Just one more week and then its mini-break time! I know it seems like we just had our little get away to the mountains, but we’re going to be heading up to Asheville this time for a little early birthday celebration for my sister. Checking out the beautiful glass sculptures in the Biltmore Estate Gardens has been on the top of our list since it opened in May, and we’re finally making the trip to see them. Fingers crossed that we’ll have good weather while we’re there, because mom and I seem to be the ‘bringers of rain’ no matter where we go. We’ll also be staying at the Grand Bohemian for the first time (for those of you who are Charlotte natives, you’ll already know that we’re getting a Grand Bohemian in uptown CLT!) Can we say staycation?
Now back to On the List… in this edition you’ll notice that I’m sharing quite a few recipes that I’m looking forward to try out this Summer. Now that our kitchen has been redone (with the exception of taking down the 90’s wallpaper!) we’re trying to work towards enjoying our time in the kitchen again… and what better way to break in a newly remodeled kitchen than recreating some delicious recipes?
- It would be an absolute dream to spend Summers in France (or Italy) and Lucy Cuneo shares another glimpse into the time she spent in her grandmothers French home in her post Dreamy Routines: Patisserie Run.
- Join Coco Kelley for A Summer Golden Hour Dinner Party. Also, this recipe (featured in the dinner party post) for a Summer Nectarine Frangipane Tart couldn’t look more delicious!
- Spend A Sunday in Saint Germain, Paris with Gal Meets Glam.
- I’m sharing quite a few food related posts in this edition of On the List, and I just have to share this recipe for Pastry Affair for Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes.
- Carly the Prepster shares Postcards from Nantucket.
- These Chicken Salad Summer Rolls from The View from Great Island are definitely something you should try out this weekend! Who wouldn’t like a fresh take on the classic chicken salad sandwich… plus using microgreens is just genius! Also check out the recipe for this colorful Shirazi Salad.
- Go sailing with Atlantic-Pacific in her post Maggie Marilyn Dress // I’m on a Boat.
- Wellness and setting up time for daily exercise is something that I’m working on the second half of this year, and the team at Camille Styles share 5 Best At-Home Workouts You’ll Actually Do. Here’s hoping that the creaking floors in our house don’t drive me nuts!!!
- Networking is never easy, but we all have to do it. The Every Girl shares some helpful tips on How to Get Over Your Fear of Networking.
- I have always wanted to go to an influencer brunch (or blogger event) and Fashionable Hostess gives us an inside look at the Miami Swim Week Influencer Brunch.
- Kick your sandwiches up a notch with this Creamy Cashew Pesto recipe from Oh Lady Cakes. She also gives helpful tips on growing your own basil!
- While I don’t have any ‘little ones’ myself, I think these Peach Hand Pies from How Sweet Eats would be so fun to make as a little Summer project in the kitchen.
Leave a Reply