Last weekend I watched the new Netflix film ‘The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society’ and let me tell you it was absolutely AMAZING. Based on a novel by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shafer, the film stars a few familiar faces. The main character, author Juliet Ashton is played by Lily James who played the role of Rose in the Downton series and Elizabeth McKenna is played by Jessica Brown Findlay aka Lady Sybil. There’s also Matthew Goode (who Lady Mary marries in the final season) and Penelope Wilton (Lady Isobel Crawley.) The story takes place following WWII with flashbacks to when the Germans occupied Guernsey. After corresponding with one of the members of the literary society Juliet travels to Guernsey to learn the story behind the mysterious literary society and her life is changed forever.
Sounds good right? Well pop on over to Netflix after you’ve looked through this weeks On the List!
- I saw the most gorgeous figs at our local grocery store the other day that would be PERFECT for recreating this Honey Cake with Fresh Figs and Goat Cheese from Broma Bakery. Yum-my.
- The Everyday Parisian shares about 5 Museums to Visit in Paris that Aren’t the Louvre.
- I recently started following The Stripe after reading a recent post from Carly the Prepster on a few of the blogs that she likes to read on a daily basis. Check out Grace’s post on her New Favorite Dress.
- Ashley of the Ashton blog shares another post about her recent trip to Italy. I just love the views of the beautiful Tuscan region of Italy in her post Italy Part 3: Tuscany and Florence.
- This Roasted Cherry Tomato & Thyme Couscous dish from Love & Lemons is on our list of recipes to recreate next.
- World of Wanderlust gives us an inside look into the Fairytale French Town of Beaune.
- The kimono and umbrella parasol that Late Afternoon is wearing in her post Bits + Pieces is absolutely stunning.
- Gal Meets Glam shares some Linen Pieces For An Easy Summer Look.
- Rue Rodier shares The Secret to Summer Skin.
- I just love the Boden Retro Gingham Bathing Suit that Kelly in the City is wearing. Too cute!
- A Beautiful Plate shares Where to Eat in Paris.
- Out of all the looks Erica of Egg Canvas styles in her post Overdue Gatherings, the polkadot Asceno dress and Przhonskaya dress are my absolute favorites! I always enjoy seeing pictures of her life in NYC!
- If you couldn’t already guess that I have a serious case of wanting to bake something… I just have to share this recipe for Flaky Pull Apart Cinnamon Peach Brioche from Half Baked Harvest.
- Career Girl Daily shares 8 Rules To Live By If You Want To Be Successful in Life. Also check out the post How To Be The Kind Of Person Everyone Wants to Know.
- This recipe for The Best Blueberry Cornbread from The View from Great Island looks absolutely amazing… and as luck would have it, we have blueberries in our fridge right now!
The picture in this post is from our afternoon tea at the Ballantyne. Check out the post here.