Hope everyone has had a wonderful week. I know I’ve been looking forward to the long weekend, and we have a few exciting plans for today that I can’t wait to share with you next week.
Also just in case you missed it, here are links to the posts that I’ve shared here on The Avid Pen this week: Curt Butler Arrives at the Shain, Apples: Sixty Classic and Innovative Recipes for Nature’s Most Sublime Fruit, Insta-Lately | August 2018, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams arrives in Charlotte’s South End and Inside the Imaginative World of Stuart Dunkel.
- Go for a Amalfi Coast Drive in a Fiat Jolly along with Julia of Gal Meets Glam.
- Planning a trip to Malibu? Emma Goodwin of the Surfider spills her favorite spots in Malibu over on Camille Styles. Also check out the post Entertaining with Interior Designer Joel Mozersky.
- With Love From Kat styles the gorgeous Flynn Skye dress in her post Red Sundress. Also if you haven’t been following Kat’s travels to Positano and Venice over on Instagram, you definitely need to!
- Doesn’t this Chunky Avocado Salad Recipe from Cookie + Kate look so delicious? And I know right where to get some freshly made tortilla chips to enjoy it with… heh-hem… Reids.
- Jenny of Margo & Me shares her Amalfi Coast Travel Guide.
- Glowing skin has always been my top skincare goal, and I love reading tips from my fellow bloggers on how they achieve glowing skin. Chriselle of The Chriselle Factor shares all about her Summer Glow Routine. Also, I can’t wait to see the pieces from her Chriselle Lim Collection coming this Fall.
- Need a recipe for dinner tonight? Why not try out this recipe for Instant Pot Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce from The View from Great Island. Yes, please!
- There are some bloggers whose writing style is just so entertaining. I really enjoyed reading This Time Tomorrow’s post 30 Things I’ve Learned About Dating In My 30’s.
- I love blueberries and this recipe for a Blueberry Galette from Pastry Affair looks like the perfect way to enjoy one of my favorite berries.
- Our bedrooms are our sanctuaries and when it comes to beds and bedding you should only go with the best. If you’re looking to fresh your bedding, check out The Stripe’s post Fit for a Hotel.
- Spend A Week in France’s Loire Valley with Love and Olive Oil.
- I just love the dress Christina of The New Darlings is wearing in her post My Favorite Buys of the Summer.
- Liz of Late Afternoon shared some gorgeous blooms she picked up in her post Flower Friday.
- Career Girl Daily shares 7 Life Lessons You Learn in Your 30’s.
- Just in case you haven’t had your fill of posts about Nantucket (I know I haven’t!) Check out Lavin Label’s Nantucket Mini Travel Guide.
Are there topics you’d like to see more posts about here on the blog? Let me know in the comments!
The artwork featured in this post is by artist Curt Butler from his recent show at the Shain Gallery.