This is my first week as a cat mom, and except for some scratches from Miss Grace (aka Gracie,) it went fairly well. Like with anything it’s taking some adjustments, because let me tell you cats are far different from dogs than I thought they’d be. (Before now I’d only had limited interactions with my sisters cats.) I’m looking forward to seeing how Grace will continue to adjust to her new environment and I hope she’ll continue to love to cuddle as she goes from a kitten to a full grown cat.
For those of you who are also cat mom’s and have any advice (especially about a kitten who loves to scratch/bite a little too hard) I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments at the bottom of this post.
As for what we’re getting up to this Saturday, we’re headed out to the Heart of the Home Kitchen Tour. While I won’t be able to share any pictures of the actual kitchens, I hope to share some pictures of the delicious food they have to sample at each home over on my Insta-Stories. So don’t forget to pop over to the ‘gram!
- Spend an Afternoon at Parque Lage in Rio with Stacie Flinner. If there was a blogger who your should plan all your travel goals from, it would definitely be Stacie. I started following her during her year of traveling abroad, and even now that she’s based in San Francisco, she manages to continue her amazing travels.
- Bondi Beach + Manhattan. The team at Camille Styles shares all about Two Hands in their interview with co-founder Henry Roberts.
- When I snack I like something with a bit of crunch and these Sourdough Crackers with Olive Oil and Herbs from Love & Olive Oil look like the perfect snack for that afternoon case of the munchies.
- In my opinion there’s no such thing as too many shoes. So I’m beyond excited that Cupcakes & Cashmere has launched the First-Ever Shoe Collection.
- Can’t get enough avocado? I’ve been obsessed for years, and this recipe for Guacamole Deviled Eggs from The View from Great Island looks seriously yummy.
- Looking for a Coffee Table for your living room or studio? The Everygirl shares The Best Coffee Tables for Every Budget. The Marcella Coffee Table and Lucite Coffee Table from Anthropologie get my vote.
- I would LOVE some of these Blackberry Cardamom Muffins from The Sweet Simple Kitchen right now.
- Since there is still plenty of chill left in the air, whipping up a soup in the slow cooker is always a good idea in the evening. If you’re in search of a recipe, you should definitely try out this Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup from Damn Delicious.
- Grace of The Stripe shares about her Running Around Outfit + Some Thoughts about Confidence.
- These Loaded Irish Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes from How Sweet Eats look absolutely amazing!
- If you tend to visit Paris frequently, investing in an apartment might be in order. The Everyday Parisian shares about Owning an Apartment in Paris with Paris Perfect.
- Damsel in Dior makes an Exciting Announcement.
- Join Paris in Four Months… In Rome. Seriously Carin’s visits to Rome are right out of Roman Holiday… (her posts about her life in Paris are also equally dreamy.)
- So this one isn’t a blog post, but seriously how cute is this Nikole Bucket from Sole Society? It’s the perfect bag to bring to your spring & summer getaways. Not to mention that it’s the perfect price point for the budget conscious.
Just in case you missed it…
- Mary Rountree Moore | Artist Spotlight
- Olly Olly Oxen Free | Stephanie King + Pam McDonnell
- An Inside Look at the Art of Bookbinding with Bari Zaki
Love reading all the latest posts? Follow along via email or Bloglovin’ to get the latest posts hot off the presses.
The artwork featured in this post is by artist Stephanie King and is currently part of a collaborative exhibition at the Anne Neilson Fine Art Gallery.
Leave a Reply