I’ve been working on getting things checked off of my pre-vacation to-do list. Last weekend we got our much needed pedicures, and finally scheduled an appointment for my hair cut and highlights. Fingers crossed that everything goes well with the highlights. It’s only my second time having highlights done, and my first time with my new stylist, and there will be no chance of getting an emergency appointment if things go sidewise with our vacation beginning just 5 days later.
Highlights are something I only started doing last year, after my ‘little white streak’ first started becoming noticeable. While many embrace the whole ‘growing older gracefully’ idea, I’m not ready for my hair to start going white in my thirties. Thankfully highlights seem to blend in/cover the white so I haven’t had to go with full color change… yet. So I’m enjoying having my natural color peek through while I still can!
With the appointment still weeks away (although I could handle a vacation right now!) I’m looking forward to checking out the latest art exhibition to pop up at the Hidell Brooks Gallery over the weekend.
Have exciting weekend plans? Let me know in the comments below.
- This Cashew Shrimp and Mango Stir Fry from How Sweet Eats is definitely something that will be appearing on our dinner table soon!
- Stacie Flinner shares her Favorite NYC Restaurants from her recent visit.
- Nothing says spring like a Strawberry & Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese. Check out this delicious recipe from the team over on Camille Styles.
- Straw Bag Season is coming up and Carly the Prepster shares a few of her favorite picks.
- These Gooey Chocolate Coconut Caramel Bars from Half Baked Harvest are decadent and vegan. Best of of both worlds!
- According to The Chriselle Factor, Scalp Facials Are a Thing… and definitely something I’m interested in looking into…
- The View from Great Island shares a delicious recipe for Chive and Parsley Pesto (which is the perfect way to start using the herbs from your spring garden!)
via French Consul
- Aren’t these Mini Ricotta Cheesecakes from Baker by Nature just adorable? The perfect little dessert for your upcoming Easter brunch.
- Grace of The Stripe shares her Favorite DIY Baths + The Softest Towels Ever.
- With spring and summer vacations on the horizon it’s time to start thinking about SPF. Ella of Coco’s Tea Party shares 4 of her Favorite SPF Products for Your Face.
- Goop shares some State of the Art Looks for Spring.
- The Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries from Love & Lemons is the perfect thing to make for Sunday breakfast.
- Isn’t this Seersucker Sleeveless Shirtdress from Vineyard Vines just the cutest? It’s the perfect addition to any vacation wardrobe.
- I’m always on the look out for shoes that are the right balance of style + comfort. Jess of The Golden Girl Blog shares about her Comfiest Shoes.
Just in case you missed it…
- An Inside Look at French Consul with Karen Miles
- What to do in Charlotte | April 2019
- An Inside Look at London Illustrator Sarah Smart
Love reading all the latest posts? Follow along via email or Bloglovin’ to get the latest posts hot off the presses.