Strawberry season starts in mid-April here in the Carolina’s so we’ve been enjoying delicious fresh strawberries for the past few weeks. They are delicious on their own, with yogurt, on cheeseboards and in PANCAKES! We first tried out the a similar recipe to the one I’m sharing in todays post with peaches (although we only had access to frozen peaches, our local peach stand won’t have fresh peaches until sometime this month.) I have to say that I think this recipe is much more delicious with strawberries!
- 3 tbsp melted butter (or goat butter)
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- Melt butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together and add milk, vanilla paste and cooled butter. Stir in sliced strawberries.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just to combine being careful not to over-stir (you don’t want too much gluten that will make you pancakes tough!)
- Heat a pan with a small amount of vegetable oil over medium heat. Make three pancakes at a time, cooking on both sides until golden brown.
- Top with more strawberries, pecans, brown sugar and a dollop of whipped cream (optional) and serve.