Looking for a delicious recipe to enjoy those delicious strawberries you picked up over the weekend? This recipe for Strawberry Walnut Muffins is the perfect afternoon snack (or perfect breakfast to wake everyone in the house up to!)
We found the most gorgeous strawberries last weekend and the moment I saw them I knew exactly how I wanted to use them. I adore muffins, and as it turns out baking in general, so I decided why not create a delicious recipe for strawberry walnut muffins.
While my recipe calls for goat butter, you can definitely substitute it with regular butter if you don’t have issues with cow’s milk like I do… but let me tell you goat butter is every bit as delicious (and more so in my opinion) than butter made from cow’s milk.
These muffins were the fluffiest muffins ever and the strawberries and walnuts were the most delicious combination because they definitely didn’t last long in our house! They are also incredibly easy to make.
I used our 6 muffin jumbo muffin tins for this recipe, but if you just have standard muffin tins this recipe will yield 12-18 muffins versus the 9 jumbo muffins I made.
Strawberry Walnut Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (or Lactaid)
- 1/2 cup goat butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 heaping cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F, and line jumbo muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, melted goat butter, vanilla paste. Once combined, stir in sliced strawberries and walnut pieces.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Fill each muffin liner with 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Yields 9 Jumbo Muffins (12-18 regular sized muffins)
Leave a Reply