Is everyone as happy to see June as I am? We’re just mere weeks away from the beginning of Summer, and the countdown to our second mini-break of the year is well underway. While we aren’t going far, escaping to the mountains is always ideal when you trying to get away from the heat here in the Carolinas. (Plus I can’t wait to have a picnic and s’mores by the lake… SPOILER!!!)
For this second edition of On the List I’m sharing posts that will give you ideas for vacations of your own (whether you are planning on stay stateside or traveling abroad…) There’s also a mixture of fashion and food posts to get you in the mood for your first dinner parties of the Summer.
- You will get serious inspiration on where to go for your next vacation when you check out Carly the Prepster’s post about her time at The Gasparilla Inn.
- This post is for all of my fellow fashion lovers with ‘short girl issues’. The Girl from Panama shares all about How to Wear a Jumpsuit When You’re Petite.
- Hop across the pond with The New Darlings and check out the Hotel de Grands Boulevards.
- If you love gnocchi, why not make a party out of it? Check out the post on How to Make Homemade Gnocchi from Pinch of Yum.
- Join Rosie, The Londoner as the Chelsea Flower Show.
- There are so many delicious posts over on Camille Styles it’s hard to pick just one so I’m sharing the Low-Key Dinner Party in Camille’s Blooming Backyard and this recipe for Burrata, Fig & Pesto Appetizer.
- Gal Meets Glam shares Dresses to Travel In (and they’re from her Gal Meets Glam Collection!)
- I started following a new blogger (well new to me anyway) Alyson Haley, so I thought I’d share two of her posts. The first is all about The Best Restaurants to Eat in Positano and in the second Alyson introduces us to her Assistant Justine. (I dream of the day where theavidpen can grow large enough that I can have my very own assistant. Justine sounds absolutely AMAZING!)
- Need something sweet to enjoy with your afternoon cup of tea? This Earl Grey Shortbread with Blood Orange Glaze from Love and Olive Oil will be oh, so delicious.
- Planning a long-term stay in Paris? Then you definitely need to check out the post Living the Paris Dream from the Every Day Parisian.
- This recipe for Blueberry Snickerdoodle Scones from Baker by Nature combines three of my most favorite things.
- There is no doubt that fresh flowers can bring such a breath of fresh air to a room (not to mention a splash of color) so I just love Late Afternoon’s post Flower Friday. (I seriously need to make more trips to our local flower market… it’s no LA Flower Market, but they do have a wonderful selection of blooms.)
- I can’t wait to try out these Potato Chickpea Croquettes with Garlicky Sunflower Dip from Naturally Ella. They promise to be crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, so I’m sold!
- Spend some time in Marvelous Marrakech with La Sultana and Stacie Flinner.
Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and thank you for checking out this weeks edition of ‘On the List’. More exciting content will be coming your way next week, so be sure to follow either via email or Bloglovin’ to get access to all new posts.