It’s officially the first weekend of January, and after a seriously rainy week (honestly when is it not raining these day) we’re headed over to check out the first art exhibition of the year at the Hidell Brooks Gallery.
As I mentioned in my ‘What to do in Charlotte’ post earlier this week, the exhibition will feature three artists represented by the gallery and I plan on sharing all about it here on The Avid Pen next week, so I hope you all will check back and to see some of the artwork featured in the exhibition.
- This Time Tomorrow shares some Postcards from Lake Como. I love the Audrey Hepburn feel of the look she styled during the boat trip on the lake. It’s definitely an outfit that would be at home in my wardrobe!
- Monica Beatrice of The Elgin Avenue shares her guide to make January a Month of Positive Action.
- The Yumi Kim Blue Floral Maxi Dress that Style Charade is wearing makes me want to skip winter and get right to spring/summer.
- If eating healthier is one of your intensions this year, check out the post from Cupcakes & Cashmere where Emily shares 18 Doable ‘Diet’ Tips that Won’t Make You Hate January.
- Atlantic-Pacific shares her NYC Guide on what to eat, see and do.
- A Cup of Jo shares about her new hobby in the post In Which I Found a Hobby.
- Do you love fish tacos? Why not try out these Fish Taco Bowls from Damn Delicious.
- Extra Petite and I definitely share a Casual Winter Uniform. (Chunky sweaters and jeans paired with booties/boots!) Because when it’s cold out my legs pretty much go into hybernation until spring!
- Leslie shares about how she transitioned her Entire Beauty Routine over on Cupcakes & Cashmere.
- Check out this recipe for Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Soft Pretzels from Half Baked Harvest.
- Although I only currently use a brush to apply my eyeshadow from time to time (using my finger really works best) I’ve been considering getting some makeup brushes to make things a little easier. The Every Girl shares 11 Essential Brushes That Belong in Your Makeup Bag.
- Alice Catherine shares about The New Vision for her newly redesigned blog.
- Brooklyn Blonde shares two shoe looks to pair with Winter Whites.
- The Golden Girl shares her 3 Best Tips for Workout Motivation.
Just in case you missed it…
Love reading all the latest posts? Follow along via email or Bloglovin’ to get the latest posts hot off the presses.
The artwork featured in this post is by artist France Jodoin and was recently featured at the Shain Gallery.