So, this may seem off topic, but I’ve been watching Korean Dramas since 2012, and ever since that time I’ve marveled at how clear and ‘glasslike’ the actresses faces are, not all of them, but every drama has more than one character with perfect skin and it’s not unheard of to see at least one of the characters go through a skincare routine at some point. Not long after I first ventured into the world of Korean Dramas or Kdramas as they are called, I decided to start taking better care of my skin.
It’s widely known that skincare products made in Korea are some of the best products available on the market and four of the skincare brands that I use most often are all made in Korea, including the one I’m talking about today, Peach & Lily. The brand was founded by Alicia Yoon in 2012.
While you can find other curated products on the Peach & Lily online shop, I find myself sticking to the Peach & Lily Collection and you would be shocked to see how quickly each product featured in the line sells out after they make a new release.
Glass Skin Refining Serum
If you’ve dreamed of smooth (glassy), dewey and poreless, adding the Glass Skin Refining Serum to your skincare routine is definitely something that I recommend. The serum is the first Peach & Lily Collection product that I tried out, and I love that like all of the products from the line, it’s fragrance free. In a world that is full of way too many perfumes for those of us with sensitivities, finding a skincare product that doesn’t have an added synthetic fragrance can be hard to find.
- Peach Extract (that is known to help keep skin firm and dewey)
- Niacinamide (for reduction of inflammation and also helps keep skin looking bright)
- East Asian Mountain Yam Extract (supple flake free skin)
- Madecassoide (helps with inflammation, soothes skin and stimulates collagen production)
- Hyaluronic Acid (provides hydration and locks it into the skins surface)
- Peptide Complex (fills in fine lines, wrinkles and firms skin)
Knowing your skin type before trying out any form of skincare is very important.
Ask yourself, “Do I have dry, normal, oily or combination skin?” Personally, I have mostly dry skin with occasionally oiliness in my T-Zone. Thankfully this product can be used for all four skin types and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
How to Use:
Apply after cleansing, toning, and before moisturizer. Note: While I don’t always use a toner, it’s a good idea to do so because a toner really helps your serums, essences and moisturizers soak into your skin better so you’re getting all of that skincare goodness!
Glass Skin Veil Mist
Two years after releasing the Glass Skin Refining Serum (in 2018) Peach & Lily released the Glass Skin Veil Mist and I absolutely love this mist. It’s perfect for using anytime of day whether it’s first thing in the morning before you head out, while you’re in the office and the air conditioner is drying out your skin, or in the evening for a nice refresher before bed.
I love the texture of the mist (it’s very fine and really diffuses well), it’s 100% fragrance free (but you will notice at subtle fresh spa-like aroma from the peach extract in the product that wafts away in seconds. Plus the mist supports your skin barrier and keeps your pH just where it should be.
- Cucumber Water (the base for this product and both refreshing and gives your skin the antioxidants it needs)
- Peach Extract
- Reishi Mushroom (an adaptogen to combat signs of aging)
- Lotus Extract (fights skin damage and helps brighten)
- Cica (calms and soothes)
- Ceramides (fortifies your skins barrier)
- Licorice (for that glow you’ve always wanted)
- Vitamin E (strengthens skin and boosts the vitamins in the other extracts in the formula)
- Aloe (soothes)
- VoluSmooth (a 100% plant-based silicone alternative to give your skin a supple finish)
Does the product work for all skin types? Yes, it’s great for dry, normal, oil and combination skin.
How to Use:
There are 3 ways to use this Mist: (1) Spritz liberally through the day on bare skin for glass skin on-demand. (2) Spritz before applying makeup or in between makeup layers for bounce and glow. (3) Spritz over makeup to set and revive makeup with a glassy, highlight effect. With good-for-you ingredients, the Glass Skin Veil Mist is a skincare product, not a makeup product. When sprayed over bare skin, it does not need to be washed off. Spritz liberally before bedtime!
Skin Shield Blurring Primer
I was using this one before we started wearing face masks, but now I just wear it around the house on the weekends or when we are having a temporary work from home routine. The blurring primer can be used along with your favorite SPF to help protect against every day issues that cause our skin to breakout from pollution to makeup and stress. All of these things can lead to the appearance of fine lines, leave our skin looking dull or even cause breakouts.
There are so many good ingredients in this primer but here are the top 3.
- Aloe Vera (calms skin when you’ve been out in the sun too long)
- Bamboo Extract (this antioxidant-rich extract protects against oxidative stress and strengthens your skin’s barrier)
- Strawberry Extract (a source of Vitamin C that brightens, balances your sebum and has anti-inflammatory benefits)
This product is ideal for dry, normal and oily skin.
How to Use:
Wear under makeup or on its own to give your face a smooth and supple finish.
Leave a Reply