Some of the best soups we’ve made are ones with absolutely no recipe, just a combination of delicious ingredients and a hope that everything will turn out right in the end. This particular soup all began with these amazing turkey meatballs that I found at the grocery store a few weeks ago. I’ve enjoyed them on their own, in tomato soup, sliced up on a sandwich, and of course in spaghetti and meatballs.
Turkey Meatball + Orzo Soup with Fresh Spinach & Mushrooms
- 16 Turkey Meatballs (4 per person)
- 1 cup orzo
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (5 0z) container of spinach
- 5 mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- Italian Herb Blend or dried oregano (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Bring broth and water to a boil, add herbs, salt and orzo. Meanwhile, head 16 meatballs in the microwave for time allotted on the package.
- When the orzo is al dente add meatballs, mushrooms and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted it’s time to serve!
- Top with shredded mozzarella as desired.
Leave a Reply