Throughout the year one of the staples we like to keep in our pantry is a variety of different Italian Sodas, San Pellegrino and Perrier (in Lime). We aren’t big soda drinkers in our house, but occasionally having a delicious Italian Soda really does add to a charcuterie board or meal, it also makes a delicious pre-dinner indulgence.
We find our Italian Sodas at our local Whole Foods where they offer a variety of flavors including Blood Orange, Lemon, Peach, Pomegranate… and Grapefruit. Since I’ve been seeing quite a few grapefruit drinks on Instagram, I decided to give the flavor a try, plus I just love the color!
While I went with the quick route with these drinks by using a ready-to-drink Italian Soda, you can also make your drinks from scratch with fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, your favorite sparkling water, and a splash of simple syrup. Check out this recipe.
When it comes to ice cubes our refrigerator isn’t exactly known for making the best tasting ice cubes (even with the filtered water) so I normally make fresh ice cubes in a large cube tray, but this time around I decided to try something different. Instead of traditional ice cubes, I froze fresh grapefruit wedges which add the perfect pop of color to your drink.
Grapefruit & Rosemary Spritzer
- Grapefruit Italian Soda (Whole Foods)
- 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit (sliced and cut into small wedges)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Place Grapefruit Italian Soda in the fridge to chill the night before.
- Slice grapefruit and cut into small wedges, place in the freezer (for 30 minutes to an hour) to create your ‘ice cubes’.
- Wash fresh rosemary (even if it’s from your own garden, it’s always important to wash your herbs before use.) After rinsing, pat dry with a paper towel.
- To Assemble the Drinks: Add frozen grapefruit wedges to glass, fill with grapefruit Italian soda and garnish with a sprig of rosemary. (If you find the drink a bit too tart, swirl in some honey for the perfect touch of sweetness!)
Leave a Reply