All of the best things come in pink packages… I’ve been a fan of Herbivore products for years, and I recently added a few new products to my nighttime skin care routine for the winter season. Dry skin is something that I have to contend with throughout the year regardless of the weather, but the winter season can be especially hard on my skin.
The first product that I decided to try out was the Coco Rose body exfoliating scrub. I have read many good things about this product, so I finally decided to give it try for myself.
For this product, my target areas are my legs and feet, so applying this scrub a few minutes before jumping in the shower makes it a very convenient part of my nighttime skin care routine. While many people change right into their favorite pair of yoga pants or pajamas when they get home from work in the evenings, I like to jump in the shower to help wind down at the end of a long day.
Another thing to love for those of you who prefer to have fragrance-free or light on fragrance this is definitely a product that you’ll want to try out.
The second product is one that I’ve been using all year and was the first bar soap that I tried when I decided to go that route (although I still reach for my body wash from time to time.) The Pink Clay Cleansing Bar Soap doesn’t have an overwhelming fragrance, and since I started using it my skin is staying more hydrated and I don’t have to deal with stubborn patches of dry skin as often.
The third product was one of the Rose Quartz Gua Sha which I use once I’m out of the shower, hair wrapped up safely in a towel and out of my way.
As a jade roller user, I’ve read about the benefits of Gua Sha which is gearing up to be the ‘It’ skin care tool of 2019.
Some of the benefits of the Gua Sha…
- Improves Circulation (which is important regardless of your age and will keep your skin looking dewy and fresh.)
- Aids Lymphatic Drainage (drain all that extra fluid out of your face!)
- Relieves Muscle Tension (the Gua Sha can help with TMJ, which I deal with from time to time, and I’ve even used it on the sides of my neck where I tend to carry the majority of my tension. Using a Gua Sha can help you to have fewer headaches, so I’m hoping this will help cut down on the frequency of my migraines.
- Helps Prevent Dry Winter Skin (which is why the Gua Sha is an essential part of my winter skin care routine!)
- Reduces breakouts / anti-aging (while I still look like I’m in my 20’s according to the people who ask my age and are surprised to find out my actual age… which I’m not telling… I want to do everything to keep my skin looking young, moisturized and breakout free.)
I use my Gua Sha when applying my nighttime skin care products… right now I’m using a moisturizing serum and an under eye aloe rescue product. You can use the Gua Sha after your serum, moisturizer or oil part of your skin care routine.
To Use: Begin in center of face and move outwards with gentle but firm pressure. Massage from center of face by nose outward towards cheeks. Then proceed to massage down chin and up forehead – Herbivore
Since I’m my no-means an expert on using the Gua Sha (yet) here’s a YouTube tutorial.
Do you have a favorite Herbivore product? Let me know in the comments below.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, I just love using Herbivore products and enjoy sharing the ones I love with you all.