Today we’re headed off to another exciting interview which I can’t wait to share with you all. (Hint… hint… it has something to do with one of our favorite art galleries) We’ll also try out a new lunch spot which I look forward to sharing about, and then it’s off to the art supply store to get some supplies for the upcoming Watercolor Summit will be checking out in August. I’m like a kid in a candy store when it comes to art and jewelry supplies, so there’s a good thing that we have a set list of what we’re looking for.
I’ve always enjoyed seeing watercolor illustrations/paintings so we decided to see what it would be like to create some pieces of our own. Hopefully I’ll be able to share some of the pieces we created during the classes here on The Avid Pen (unless they turn out to be completely disastrous!)
In this edition of On the List there’s plenty of travel and food posts along with some fashion posts to keep things well balanced. Hope you enjoy!
- With Love from Kat shares 10 Dreamy Summer Travel Destinations. #1 (Nantucket) and #6 (The Hamptons) have been high up on my list of places I want to see in the US for quite a while now. It seems that over half of the bloggers that I follow are making the trip to Nantucket.
- If you love S’mores, then you’re going to love Smeaches! The College Housewife puts a new spin on the classic with White Chocolate and Grilled Peaches.
- Check in with Gal Meets Glam as she visits Seville & Casa de Pilatos. Also check out Julia’s post An Early Morning at The Real Alcazar of Seville.
- There’s no doubt that Summer means the heat is turned up no matter where you live. (For example here in the South we wake up to see that our windows have been completely fogged up because it decided to turn into a sauna outside!) In a recent post, This Time Tomorrow shares her tips on What to Wear When It’s Sweltering Hot.
- Alyssa of The A List shares about her stay at Castello di Vicarello.
- This Veg Out Platter from Love & Lemons is the ultimate crudité board.
- Mara of M Loves M shares A Secret Tip for Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I definitely wish I was close to one of the six Clubhouses that Trunk Club has, because the relaxed environment is just my style.
- World of Wanderlust shares How to Spend Four Days in Barcelona.
- Alice Catherine shares another thought provoking post, Keeping Up & Standing Out. I just love how much her posts make you think about blogging, life in general etc. She blends fashion with substance which is something you don’t often see.
- I love reading a good interview, and Rue Rodier recently did an interview with Garance Doré (the founder of Atelier Doré).
- In the Flow shares about The Best Wide Leg Trousers and How to Style Them.
- Need an idea for what to do for a girls night in? Camille Styles shares a recipe for DIY Dumplings.
- Katie Considers shares some of her Daily Finds, and I just love the all of the Polka Dot selections. (The only thing I love as much as stripes are polka dots!)
- Looking for a sweet treat to enjoy this Summer? This No Churn Blackberry Cardamom Cheesecake Ice Cream from The Sweet and Simple Kitchen could be just what you need.